The Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra improves on the already excellent Mi 10 Pro with numerous display advances, including real 10-bit color support and the ability to display 1 billion colors. It is also much brighter at 800 nits, but the most major improvement is most likely the 120Hz refresh rate.
The rear camera is extremely excellent; it has everything you can imagine in terms of advanced technologies. The main camera uses a new OmniVision 48MP sensor with an OIS lens, followed by another Sony 48MP snapper behind a 5x zoom lens. A 12MP portrait shooter for 2x zoomed photos is also available, as is a 20MP camera with a 12mm ultra-wide lens that can also be used for ultra-macro shots. The ability to capture 8K footage with the 5x imager is the first-ever feature.
The 120W fast connected charging is yet another first. The retail packaging contains a 120W brick that will recharge 40% of the battery in less than 5 minutes. Consider that for a moment. The Ultra also supports 50W rapid wireless charging if you purchase Xiaomi’s 55W wireless charger, which is offered separately.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra – SPECIFICATIONS
- Body: 162.4×75.1×9.5mm, 222g; curved Gorilla Glass front and back, aluminum frame; Obsidian Black, Mercury Silver, Transparent color schemes.
- Screen: 6.67″ Super AMOLED, 1080x2340px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 386ppi; 120Hz refresh rate; HDR10+ support, 800nits brightness, 1B colors.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865 (7nm+): Octa-core CPU (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650 GPU.
- Memory: 8/12/16GB RAM, 128/256/512GB built-in UFS 3.1 storage.
- OS/Software: Android 10, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48MP, 1/1.32″ sensor, 1.2µmm pixel size, 25mm equiv. focal length, f/1.9 aperture, Laser AF, OIS. Telephoto: 12MP, 1/2.55″, 1.4µmm, 50mm lens, f/2.0, Dual Pixel PDAF. Long-range telephoto: 48MP, 1/2.0″, 0.8µmm, 120mm lens, f/4.1, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS. Ultrawide angle: 20MP, 1/2.8″, 1.0µmm, 12mm, f/2.2, PDAF, ultra-macro.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f/2.3, 0.8µmm, 1080p video.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 8K [email protected], 4K [email protected]/60fps, FullHD [email protected]/60/120/240/960fps; Front camera: FullHD [email protected]
- Battery: 4,500mAh, 120W fast charging support, USB-PD support, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging.
- Connectivity: 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual GPS, USB-C
- Misc: Stereo speakers; Optical under-display fingerprint reader; IR port.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra is as premium as you’d expect, with curved Gorilla Glass on both ends, a polished aluminum frame on the sides, one amazingly thin camera arrangement, and a practically bezel-less HDR HRR OLED screen with a small punch hole.
The touch sensors use a super-sensitive 240Hz sampling rate, which gamers should love. Screen responsiveness is one of the finest available at the moment.
Another unique feature of the Mi 10 Ultra is native support for 10bit color, which means the screen can display 1.07 billion colors as opposed to 16 million on most other phones.
Finally, the display on the Mi 10 Ultra should be far brighter than the rest of the series. When watching HDR content, it guarantees 800 nits of brightness and 1120 nits of peak brightness.