Macro businesses they’ve been around since the beginning of commerce. However, the ability to test, launch, and scale your project quickly and on the cheap has changed.
To start a business, you will need a product or service, a group of people willing to pay for it, and a way to get paid. Everything else is entirely optional.
If you’re good at one thing, you’re probably good at other things too. Many projects begin through a process of skill transformation in which you apply your knowledge to a related topic.
Most important: merge your passion and skill with something useful to other people.
Choose a product or service
When selecting a product or service an entrepreneur wishes to sell and promote, it’s essential that when marketing a service or a product, a business professional highlights the benefits over the features.
For example, people do not care that a flashlight creates light daycare that they’ll be able to see in the dark; that’s why consumers buy and consume products and services.
Six steps you can do now to start your micro business
- Decide your product or service
Set up a website, even a very basic one; you can get a free one from WordPress.org
Develop an offer
ensure you have a way to get paid to get a free PayPal account to start with.
announce your offer to the world.
learn from steps one through five, then repeat.
Product and services to think about
Can you contact your customers’ list with a special offer or incentive?
Can you introduce a new product or service to complement your existing portfolio?
If you’re a coach or consultant, can you offer a special deal for clients who prepay?
Is there a new way to attract subscriptions, clients, or customers?
What benefits should your product or services have?
- The customer should love the product with no stress.
- It should be financially affordable for your target audience, causing no internal conflict or buyer’s remorse.
- The product should be easy and simple to use, so no hassle or heartache for the customer.
- A product should free people’s time and remove uncertainty.
What the value of your product and service is? The key points
- Value means helping people and entrepreneurs discover the value of their business and services.
- Give people what they want not just what you think they should have
- The more you can market a core benefit instead of a list of features, the easier it will be to profit from your ideas. The court benefits usually relate to emotional needs more than physical needs.
- Most people want more of the same things money, love, and attention, and less of the other things such as stress, and annexed debt. Always add a lot you can add or take away to improve someone’s life and then prepare to get paid.
Chris Guillebeau wrote the $100 Start-up: Fire Your Boss, Do What You Love, Work Better To Live More. It gives a complete guide on starting a micro-business by providing examples and start-up costs. The book focuses on how one individual can run a small business.