As with other parts of the body, the hair requires proper care to stay healthy. There are different hair types, but the ways to care for the hair are pretty uniform. Many people dream of having healthy and full hair but skimp on their hair care. Below are some simple tips to achieve and maintain a healthy full head of hair.
- Wash hair often: The hair accumulates dust and oil, so you should wash the hair often to eliminate this. If you have dry hair, wash the hair two times a week to retain moisture.
- Use good quality shampoos: The type of shampoo used on the hair is paramount to the health of the hair. Use shampoos of good quality, devoid of parabens and sulfates. Instead, go for the shampoos with natural cleansers. Also, go for a shampoo that suits your hair type.
- Conditioning the hair after washing: Deep conditioning of the hair is encouraged. It has been proven to keep the hair soft, hydrated, and healthy. Make sure to use good conditioners and condition the hair after shampooing.
- Moisturize the hair always: You can use essential oils like almond oil, coconut oil, lavender oil, or castor oil. What’s important is that the hair is well moisturized at all times, especially after showering. This will leave the hair shiny, bouncy, and beautiful.
- Dry the hair gently: Wet hair is fragile and the probability of the hair breaking off when it’s wet is very high. Therefore, handle the hair with the utmost care when it is wet. Dry the hair gently and use a t-shirt or a microfiber towel instead of a regular towel to dry off the hair. Note that the hair is better off being dried naturally than with an air dryer. Also, use a wide-toothed comb when combing the hair and ensure you comb gently.
The building blocks of hair are protein, so a healthy diet rich in protein and vitamins is a sure way of having healthy hair. Also, ensure you stay hydrated at all times by drinking lots of water and fluids.