June is upon us and with the dawn of the new month comes the long-awaited summer season. BBQs and having fun at the beach will be on everyone’s agendas, and many will host some form of summer garden party – especially with 2022 being a World Cup year.
If you want to try a beverage that is more exotic than the standard beer, wine, and punch, then you are in the right place. This article will provide you with three cocktail recipes to impress your family and friends with and make it feel like you’re on holiday.
Recipe #1: Raspberry Mojito (serves 2)
- 8 raspberries
- 1 peeled lime chopped into 4/5 segments
- 100ml white rum
- mint leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- sparkling water
1) Split the raspberries, lime pieces, and sugar in half and add each portion to two glasses. Crush the fruit with a spoon until the fruit juice begins to mix with the sugar.
2) Bring out the flavor of the mint leaves by crushing them lightly with the palms of your hands, before adding them in equal amounts to the glasses.
3) Add ice to each cocktail, followed by 50ml of rum per glass. Stir the mixture, before finally adding enough sparkling water to fill the glass to the desired amount.
Recipe #2: Frozen Watermelon Margharita (serves 4)
- 800g watermelon cubes (frozen overnight)
- the juice of 2 limes + zest
- 125ml tequila
- 2 tsp of honey
- 75ml triple sec
1) Ensure the watermelon has been cut into cubes and frozen overnight.
2) Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until everything has melded together and the mixture is smooth.
3) Optional: Create a fancy rim to add another kick to the drink by mixing 1/4 tsp chili flakes, 4 tsp sea salt flakes, and 2 tsp of caster sugar. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it into the mixture to lightly coat it.
Recipe #3: Frose (serves 5)
- 1 bottle of your preferred rose wine (dry)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 300g strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- 50g caster sugar
1) Take the bottle of wine and pour it into a freezer-friendly container before letting it freeze overnight.
2) When you are ready to make the drink, mix the strawberries with the sugar and leave for half an hour until the strawberry juice begins to soak into the sugar.
3) Place the strawberry and sugar mixture into a jug, then add the lemon juice and frozen rose wine. Mash together until you have a slushie type of texture.
4) Pour the frozen cocktail into glasses and serve to guests.
We hope you enjoyed this article! Let us know in the comments if you try out any of these recipes this summer!
Book Pigeon Week Ads Spot
Uniswap Protocol Token