iOS 16 is here, and it is packed with new features to share your life with those you care about.
With a fresh experience and great features that enhance the way you interact with others, the new iOS 16 is meant to make sharing and communicating easier and more entertaining for everyone. This update will be the most significant redesign of the iPhone software since 2014.
Apple’s senior vice president of software engineering, Craig Federighi, said, “iOS 16 is a big release with updates that will change the way you experience iPhone.”
Personalized Lock Screen
The redesigned Lock Screen is only one of the numerous ways the newest version will transform the world. It’s simple to add additional widgets, dynamic backgrounds, and other features to your Lock Screen. You may also link separate Lock Screens to different Focus modes to create numerous Lock Screens. This feature lets you make a Lock Screen that’s ideal for when you’re working on a project, writing an essay, or busy with anything else.
With the new update, you will be able to modify or recall recently sent messages, retrieve recently deleted messages, and mark chats as unread to return to later. SharePlay is also coming from Messages, allowing you to enjoy synchronized content such as movies or songs and shared playback controls while conversing in Messages.
Users may now transfer an eSIM and its associated phone number from another iPhone through Bluetooth with the latest version. To transfer an eSIM from another iPhone, Apple recommends that both iPhones have Bluetooth switched on and linked through the same Wi-Fi network.
Focus is a powerful new feature that connects the Lock Screen apps you use the most with the background and widgets you use on those apps. The lock screen displays your settings, wallpapers, and widgets when a Focus is active. The new Shortcuts tile on the Lock Screen allows swapping between your current Focuses.
- Notifications have been modified to slide up from the bottom, allowing users to see their customized Lock Screen.
- Users may schedule emails in advance, and they can even cancel the delivery of a message before it is delivered.
- CarPlay will be able to distribute material across several screens in the vehicle, resulting in a unified and consistent experience.
- Family Sharing makes it simpler to create an account for a child with the appropriate parental restrictions in place.
- Health-tracking features include tracking medications.
So, get ready Apple users, because this new iOS 16 is expected to be released in September 2022.