This article will be about how you can write a Kick-Ass CV/Resume that will help you increase your income or find a new position/job by building up your skill sets and creating a CV that recruiters can read.
It is important to note that the average reading age in the UK is nine years old and 12 to 14 years old in the USA, so you would want to keep your word simple and write in an active voice.
Here is the definition In a sentence written in the active voice, the subject of the sentence acts.
In a sentence written in the passive voice, the subject receives the action.
How to Taylor your CV?
Before you start to write your CV, do some basic research on the company and the requirement for the position because when you are going for the interview and writing your CV, the recruiters will try to match your CV to the role requirements.
Through the next part, I will be writing in Blue so that when reading the CV template, you will be able to read the template and relevant information simultaneously.
CV Format and Information
Your address, Your postcode, Your Phone Number, and your email address
In the next part, you will need to add your relevant copywriting, technology portfolios, or other portfolios of relevant work to the job role.
Also, add your social media to highlight your social media or marketing skills if you are going for a digital marketing position.
If you are not going for a social media or digital marketing position, just put your Linkedin account in the CV to show your experience in work and your professional network.
- LinkedIn link https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-riley-b463881b4/
- Blog Link https://renaissancehumanism.co.uk/
- Skype link
- Copywriting Portfolio link
Add an instruction of no more than 250 words on why you would be a good fit for the position
Managers and peers have described me as a good communicator and team member. I have excellent research skills, am self-motivated, and have strong verbal communication. Highly organized and have excellent data management and social media skills. I also have writing, SEO skills, and UX Design skills. I love books and the written word.
- Affinity Diagrams
- Customer Journey Maps
- Customer Value Curve
- Empathy Maps
- Lucid provides templates for UX design
- Creating Digital Marketing Plan – Using Google Ads – Knowledge of PPC Campaign – Content Writing for social media
- Usability testing
- 3 years of academic research experience/academic writing experience
- 5 years of proofreading experience
- 14 months of blogging experience
- 1 year of Customer service over the telephone
- 1 year of SEO experience
- Podcasting – Blogging – Podcast Production – Editing Skills – Search Engine Optimization skills
- Writing skills – Digital Marketing skills – MailChimp basic knowledge – Aweber strong knowledge is the same kind of system as MailChimp
- WordPress and the Management System – Article Writing – Canva – Audio Work
- Movavi Video Editor Plus 2021, which is recording and editing software
- Video Camera 2.7K Camcorder UHD 36MP Vlogging Camera for YouTube IR Night Vision 3.0″ LCD Touch Screen 16X Digital Zoom Camera Recorder
News Writer Internship
Remote News Writer Internship – May 2022 to present day
- I have been a writer for the for this website pigeonweek.com as an article writer on topics such as News, Movies, History, Business, Politics & other topics as well.
- Article What is User Experience on the Pigeon week website and here is the link https://pigeonweek.com/what-is-user-experience/
- Article on Kim Kardashians’ effect on culture here is the link to my work https://pigeonweek.com/kim-kardashians-effect-on-culture/
- Article on dating https://pigeonweek.com/dating-rules-in-the-21st-century/
- Article on Gaming https://pigeonweek.com/the-mass-effect-trilogy/
- Article on Mobil applications https://pigeonweek.com/designing-effective-mobile-applications/
Jan 2002 to March 2022 (25 hours per week – temporary)
Pearl Lemon Group Content Writer and Copywriting
- I was a content writer, and I Copywriting, editing, proofreading, search engine optimization, review writing, and skill-building to develop my craft. I wrote for these sites when I was at Pearl Lemon.
- Jigsaw Trading – https://www.jigsawtrading.com/trade-journal-analytics/
- Farhifinneart – https://farhifineart.com/
- Dragons of Walton Street – https://dragonsofwaltonstreet.com/products/rufus-toy-car
- Clad Hime – https://www.cladhome.com/
In Progress November 3, 2021
UX Design Institute
- UX Design Institute has allowed me to Develop a Portfolio of work-related User Experience and skills related to the UX process of Research, Design, Prototype, and Validating projects. I also gained skills in doing surveys and usability testing.
- Usability Testing Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhkot7uDkeA
- A competitive benchmark for UX Design – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5btCquwCOc
- UX Design Analysis Techniques – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9XNBuMpM
- Affinity Diagrams – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Ajg3o0kEc
November 2021 to January 2022 (temporary)
Lloyd’s Banking Group Customer Service Stockbroking
- My work revolved around executing customers’ orders related to buying stock options.
August 202 to November 2021
Communication Awareness Market Researcher (Temp)
- My responsibilities involved collecting information from households with my target of visiting and dispensing information. I collect data from 120 homes per day.
June to August 2021.
Successful Mindset Ltd Internship unpaid – Copywriter
- The job role required me to do copywriting, come up with original ideas, and liaison with the director and owner, Linda Sage.
- The work that I was doing at Successful Mindset mainly revolved around generating blogging ideas writing and editing the content.
- I learned about psychology and personal development related to content creation.
- The content I wrote about was primary on hidden disabilities, mental health and the pressures of modern office environments.
November 2020 to August 2021
Concentrix (Agency) Covid-19 Track and Trace Phone Operator (Temp)
- My responsibility is to contact people that may have Covid-19 and to advise the public on what to do by following the information provided to me by National Health England.
November 2020 to November 2021
Oriflame Cosmetics Digital Marketing/Sales Assistant (Contract 12 Months Completed)
- My role involved using social media to sell cosmetic products and promote the Oriflame Brand.
- I was also responsible for delivering and collecting orders for Oriflame products. Furthermore, I’m also developing skills to promote myself, promote other people and promote the product. I am also developing Copywriting, Recrement, and Marketing Skills.
September to October 2020
Akribeia (Agency) Marketing and Sales Sales Representative/Ambassador for Octopus Energy
- I have talked to between 90 and 120 households per weekday in the role.
2010 to 2018
Amanda Riley Market Stall Owner Market Stall Assistant/ Market Stall Manager (during my studies)
- It gave me the responsibility of selling and assisting customers in selecting and buying goods.
- This work also enabled me to develop negotiation skills and skills of tact and diplomacy while dealing with customers.
- I was then given responsibility when I was left in charge of the running of the Market Stall.
EXPERIENCE not related to Employment
Jan 2022 – Present Freelance Copywriter
- I started Freelancing as a Copywriter and Researcher in January 2022 to gain more experience and skills doing the writing, Digital Marketing, and research projects related to Social Sciences.
- My professional experiences in Copywriting come from working at Successful Minds Set, where I was writing Blog Articles on Mental Health, hidden disabilities, and the pressures of the modern office environment. The post’s objective was to market companies looking for ways to get more out of their workforce.
Jan 2022 – Present · 5 Months January 2022 Upwork
- I use Upwork as a way to get new clients and promote my services as a Copywriter & Ghostwriter.
- Upwork Freelancer Profile includes information about skills, work experience, and work samples.
Renaissance Humanism Self-employed · 1 year 3 Months
Blogger, Podcast Producer & Podcast Host
- This is the post cast that is accompanying my blog https://renaissancehumanism.co.uk/
- This Podcast aims to give Information on personnel development marketing and to give something back to the listener & that they come away each time having gained knowledge from the experience of listening to Renaissance Humanism.
- My Online lings to the Podcast, Blog & YouTube Channel
- LinkedIn Link https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-riley-b463881b4/
- Anchor Link https://anchor.fm/renaissancehumanism
- Blog Link https://renaissancehumanism.co.uk/
- Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/1DXGH7dTHgYE49sdmfv1C8
- YouTube Link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCChWzkJjCwD37gmvugB9a_g/featured
Hull University – City of Hull 2014 – 2018
- Politics and International Relations degree 2:2 Bachelor’s Degree
New College Pontefract 2013 – 2014
- Government and Politics A, History B, Religious Studies B
Purstone E-ACT ACADEMY – Pontefract GCSE: 2014:
- English B, Science Pass, Math C, History B, R religious Education B, Public Services Pass
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- PitchGround Academy Blogging, Digital Marketing, SEO, and skyscraper content
- One day course Feb 2022 – Deepak Shukla’s life, love, and entrepreneurship Rapid Fire SEO course was completed on The course aimed to understand SEO and develop Blogging skills to improve google rankings
- 2 March 2021 to 7 December 2021 CPD Digital Marketing level 7 Diploma
- October 7, 2021. User Experience (UX) Fundamentals awarded this qualification with Distinction on Certificate Codes: 70981-272216-114658
- 13 March 2021 Professional Digital Marketing at QLS Level 5. Certificate Code: 68623-80009-57667
- 19 February 2021 Lead Academy- Copywriting Secrets. Certificate Code: 68623-146881-57667
- 15 February 2021 Lead Academy- Copywriting – Write Persuasive Copy. Certificate Code: 68623-146980-57667
- Reading – fiction, history, philosophy, self-improvement, gaming-Total War series and Crusader Kings series
- Personal development and professional development
- Audiobooks / Watching Podcasts-Joe Rogan / Developing a successful Podcast and Audio Studio.
- Investing in Index Funds / Blogging on my Website, click here
REFERENCES available upon request
This article should provide great ideas on how to create a great CV; it is also important to remember that people are very lazy.
Depending on the kind of position you are applying for, it is best to keep the pages no longer than two pages because they will scan the page first, not reading from start to finish.
Also, do videos and podcasts to show and demonstrate your abilities and how you have done the jobs in the past by filming yourself working.
Book Pigeon Week Ads Spot
Uniswap Protocol Token