Wasting food is a menace that has plagued the world for a while. There are always going to be leftover foods, whether from a guest that didn’t show up at last or a miscalculated recipe. What matters is how they’re used.
Below are some ways to use leftovers instead of throwing them out.
- Combine leftover rice and vegetables to make fried rice.
- Plus, mix leftover avocado with mayonnaise, chopped onions, a slice of lemon, and chopped onions. Store it in an airtight container to be used as a spread later.
- Pour leftover rice into hot soups, and enjoy a hearty meal! be it a chicken, vegetable, or fish soup. You’d be sure to have a filling meal.
- Leftover vegetables can be frozen and turned into a puree later.
- Cut leftover chicken or steak into pieces, and it is just right to serve as a filling, along with veggies and spices, for a sandwich.
- Leftover cooked chicken or steak can also be diced, and used for stirfry.
- Turn leftover boiled yams into a delicious dish of pottage, spiced with meat and vegetables.
- Crush leftover or broken chip cookies, store in an airtight bag, and use as sprinkles or toppings for desserts.
- Try using those brown bananas to make smoothies. Yummy! They’re really creamy and you don’t need to add sugar, as brown bananas are naturally sweeter than normal bananas.
In a nutshell, try to be as creative as possible. Treat every leftover as an ingredient for another meal.